Friday, May 25, 2012

Surprise!!

Sorry I have been away for a few days I will do my best to post at least 3 times a week!


So let’s catch up!

Last week was a short week so by Friday I was relaxed and ready for busy weekend. Jack had to work so I was expecting him on Monday morning. I had so many things to fill the time anyway so when I woke up on Saturday I called my Mommy (yes I am 26 and call her Mommy don’t judge me) and we set out to spend the day together. We went to lunch and discussed her concerns of over my rebellious younger sister. We talked about Jack and how I would like for her to get to know him a little better. We did some shopping and then I went home to get ready for the engagement party of one of my close friends.

By this time it was about Three o’clock and I hadn’t heard from my honey! I called Jack – no answer… strange, be was likely getting ready for work...

I honestly HATE to go to wedding functions. It reminds me that after nearly 2 years Jack and I (no matter how happy) are no closer to getting married then we were 2 years ago. So I grudgingly go and smile and I truly am happy for all my friends, but as this is just the first mile in a marathon year that has been filled with weddings and babies, I choose the two hour parking space across the street as that I could have an excuse to cut out early.

I did my duty, I had a cocktail, talked to the parents and bridesmaids (am like an usher in this wedding, thank goodness! Don’t know if my closet could hold another bridesmaid dress) I did karaoke with the bride. It was now about Nine o’clock and after several text messages and one very irritated voicemail left at around seven, I should mention that I had not heard from Jack. I made my excuse to the bride about parking space and fear of being towed and started across the street. The familiar ring tone shocked me … I answered in standard ticked off girl-friend fashion “Where the heck have you been?!”

“Well hello to you too, Babe” I can hear the laughter in his voice; this does not help his case at all. Jack is the kind of guy who does not get upset. That also does not help him out most of the time because I am the kind of girl who has a bit of a temper and his calm attitude is like gasoline…. Luckily he is cute and also patient, “I slept in, did laundry, you know I have been really tired and my boss gave me the day off today, Where are you?”

“Leaving the engagement party, where are you now?”

“I am about 15 minutes from your door”

Leave it to Jack! For goodness sake I can’t even get mad at him because he decides to screw it up by surprising me! His boss had actually given him the next two days off! So we were able to spend the whole weekend together!

After all the frustrating things I have had going on lately – that was just what I needed to remind me just how lucky I am

*Georgia

1 comment:

  1. Silly Jack. Im glad he came and surprised you though!!!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete